ROOM TOUR

17:53:00


My bedroom is one of the few things I'm proud of and one of the few things I enjoyed designing and changing over time. So I thought todays W-E-D-S would be a room tour of my bedroom.


Here we have my skyline silhouette and the Perks of Being a Wallflower quote "In that moment I swear we were infinite." I made both of these very simply with black card and a pair of scissors. The lit windows in the silhouette were made by colouring white stickers yellow with a crayola felt tip. At the time I loved the quote and I thought it fit quite well with the skyline, especially as the scene in the movie/book where the quote is said pans up to a night time city. I leave my most worn shoes here too. A LOT of black and small heeled shoes. I may do a shoe collection later so keep an eye out.



The lighting is a tad crapper here but hey what can I do? This is my make up table and I keep my lipsticks and lip liners in one of those plastic containers and my mascaras and eyeliners in the other. I am definitely doing "My Make Up Corner" so I'll go more in depth into the products there but all of the make up I use day to day or more regularly are out on the table top for handiness. Then beside the mirror I have a few illustrations I bought of Paris from Paris and I also have a photo I had printed of my ultimate fave Matty Healy. Both cheer me up and on days I just cant be bothered they motivate me to try a little harder. Nothing motivates a teenage girl more than a pretentious band member and a stuck up city. Above my mirror is a huge world map that I didn't get in the photo because 1) It's wonky 2) It's held up by cellatape because it's too heavy for blue tac and 3) It fell down literally 5 minutes after I took this photo. 


Now this is probably my favourite thing in my bedroom. As you can see it's a collage of cut outs and photos and random bits and bobs I've collected since I was around 13. 80% of the pictures in it were from Company Magazine but unfortunately that magazine has been out of print for nearly a year. After that collaging practically stopped until I picked up the LOVE edition of i-D Magazine where i fell back in love with beautiful photos and meaningful pieces so I got back on that horse. Others come from Thomas Cook magazines, ripped out pages of books and actual printed out pictures from old film found in my parents old cameras. I really really really love this wall. Here you can see the pictures a bit more close up. 




I often look to this wall when I just can't figure out what to wear or when I've worn the same 3 outfits the past 8 times I've left the house. It really really helps me think more creatively which is so so important and useful. 



Here's my bed and teddies. Piglet, Pooh Bear and Baymax are newer additions to my teddy collection but that brown bear wearing a scarf there is called Fluff and I've had him since I was 7 years old. He's been everywhere with me and he'll be with me til the day I die. No boy could replace that bear I swear to God. Above my bed are some posters of either things I love or things I just think look good. That Spider Pig poster is one my best friend bought me for my 10th birthday and I love it as much now as I did then. Below those are little home made pieces. On the adjoining wall there's my band wall.



From left to right; A Hamsa hand in a lotus flower I drew an eternity ago backed on black card, below that a ticket from the Titanic Museum in Belfast. Two reject photos from film I found in my parents old cameras. Beside that is a quote from The 1975's Matty Healy about their album which I fell in love with. It's surrounded by The 1975's classic illuminated rectangle. I made it with a white piece of paper where I wrote out the quote and coloured around it with a black crayola marker. I backed that onto (yet again) black card and used white chalk and blended it out onto the black card to give the illuminating effect. Then I have two of Jameela Jamil's columns for Company Magazine one entitled "When is too soon to say I love you" and the other "Bye- Bye self loathing." These are two pieces which really really changed my way of thinking/judging and I keep them above my bed to remind me to not be too hard on myself of other people (for the most part fucking hell I'm only human.) Under that are two polaroids from Taylor Swifts 1989 album. Beside that are pictures of my dog Bart and my nephew Edward followed by a torn out page from a magazine that is quite fake deep. And finally I have a home made TFIOS quote page which I more or less copied from a picture on Tumblr. Good god that took longer than I thought it would. If you're still reading thank you so so so much. 


& finally here's my band wall. MCR,PTV, ATL, YMAS, FOB and Ed Sheeran are a few of what's up here. And of course 16 year old Harry Styles wearing a Harry loves Louis shirt from back in the day. #neverforget. In the lower left corner I have stuck up all the concert tickets I've accumulated over the last year. 



2 Ed Sheeran Tickets, Hudson Taylor, Arctic Monkeys. Amber Run, 2 One Direction tickets, Saint Raymond, Kodaline, 2 JLS tickets and at the very bottom All Time Low. I intend to one day have an entire wall covered but until then this is a good start off. 

And THAT was my room tour. I really hope you liked it. I also apologise for missing the weekend WEDS but I got a little busy and very distracted but I'll try my best from now on. Be sure to check my social media:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe